Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this is puzzling me, as it seems lots would like the 4wd but not the CVT, so can any one explain the reason why its only availabe as a CVT. is it something to do with the transmisson set up or did Nissan think that only an auto would be wanted
I would like the option of a 4wd but in manual and for me preferably Diesel but I am certain a few DIG-T owners with manual would also have liked the 4wd option

Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
575 Posts
Spot on - yes I would.
If you read the back of Top Gear mag, they're suggestion for buying a Juke is a 4x4 diesel. er........

·
Registered
61 Posts
You just described me!

I would absolutely be interested in the AWD, but I want a manual transmission. I feel as though to refuse the no-cost option of AWD and the superior rear suspension it has, is highly illogical and it makes me wonder if my probable decision to order my Juke in FWD/MT isn't a bit nutty.

I have found frequently in the North American market, that this is a very common issue. Hyundais do this, Suzuki does this. AWD = top-spec = CVT/Auto only. MT only being available in base models as is FWD.

The only except I can think of is the new Countryman, which offers MT with "All4". Clearly it can be done!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yep, would love a 4WD, but really would prefer a manual box.

Current plan is to see how orders & deliveries are going around March next year, which is when I shouldbe ready for a potential order, so all I need to do is decide on a colour and whether to go 4WD/CVT or 2WD/Manual in the next three months. And I'm not sure that's enough time!

·
Registered
754 Posts
ctrollen said:
Yep, would love a 4WD, but really would prefer a manual box.

Current plan is to see how orders & deliveries are going around March next year, which is when I shouldbe ready for a potential order, so all I need to do is decide on a colour and whether to go 4WD/CVT or 2WD/Manual in the next three months. And I'm not sure that's enough time!
If you want delivery in March you should be placing an order soon.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I believe that the AWD CVT is made in Japan. If that is the case, again it is my understanding that the Japanese prefer the auto (as do I).
I have had 17 cars to date and I am now on my seventh auto (I think) and my third CVT.
I can't understand why people love having to change gear. In these days of remote controls and everything automatically done for you it seems a step backward to want a manually geared car and the problems some are having with the manual gearbox too and the expected clutch change sometime down the line (probably when you least want it) just puzzles me.
Yes I would have preferred an auto diesel too as the mileage figures would have been better but, I still haven't test driven the AWD CVT because of the bad weather and we stay quite a distance from the dealer.
It sounds like the AWD CVT is quite a car and my wife and I are looking forward to the test but, we won't think twice about changing our mind if the cost of petrol rises to the levels the press are talking about.
We can buy a car costing £5k to £10k more with more comfort and the same performance figures but, with better mileage from the tank and still have a unique-ish model even compared to the Juke so, our options are open.
We have to decide this month what we are going to settle for and hope to hear something about changes to the Juke range before we do. just in-case we miss something...

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
would settle for auot diesel but not petrol
still havent had a definative answer to my original question but MR Nissan when you read this can we get the 4wd in manual and a diesel PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
540 Posts
If only the fuel figures were better for the petrol there would be no question I think.
I have mentioned elsewhere that our current car is an auto petrol and we average 48 to 53 mpg travelling to and from work over mixed terrain and town driving rising to around 58 at best on the open road.
It is a bit disappointing that Nissan have not seen fit to improve the fuel figures on such a futuristic looking car.
How 'cool' would it have been for them to develop a petrol driven engine with near diesel powered mpg in an AWD CVT? Wow, now that would be something - oh, well we can but dream.
Electricity and instant torque is just around the corner, maybe, sometime, when Nissan can be bothered putting it into a decent looking car. I mean, the LEAF, come on...
Enough of my demented ranting for just now. I will go back to enjoying what others have written lately.
Keep up the good work with the forum deks.

·
Registered
56 Posts
May well be wrong on this but I thought it was to do with the way the very light weight and innovative AWD system works with the transmission making it so that a manual option and AWD wasn't possible at this time (not to say it wouldn't be possible in the future though I suppose)

May just be a case of development time and money and suppose and if in Nissan's opinion the return on their investment doing this would be sufficient to make it worth while given that their biggest markets prefer auto not manual.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Dougal said:
If only the fuel figures were better for the petrol there would be no question I think.
I have mentioned elsewhere that our current car is an auto petrol and we average 48 to 53 mpg travelling to and from work over mixed terrain and town driving rising to around 58 at best on the open road.
It is a bit disappointing that Nissan have not seen fit to improve the fuel figures on such a futuristic looking car.
How 'cool' would it have been for them to develop a petrol driven engine with near diesel powered mpg in an AWD CVT? Wow, now that would be something - oh, well we can but dream.
Electricity and instant torque is just around the corner, maybe, sometime, when Nissan can be bothered putting it into a decent looking car. I mean, the LEAF, come on...
Enough of my demented ranting for just now. I will go back to enjoying what others have written lately.
Keep up the good work with the forum deks.
The fuel figures are what I don't understand about Nissan's insistence on CVT gearboxes for their autos. Have a CVT and you'll get worse acceleration and less MPG. Stick a DSG in and you better MPG than a manual and faster 0-60 time. Madness

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what i find amazing in this day and age is that Nissan must be about the only maker not offering diesel auto and from i can work out has about the worst engines for CO2, guess they can't afford the investment in cleaner engines and would rather blow their funds on a battery pack thats too expensive and short on distance

·
Registered
46 Posts
My wife and I road tested three versions of the Juke with none of them the spec we wanted at first.

As my wife has always had a manual car she was interested in the 1.6 manual in Acenta trim. Adversely, I was more interested in the DIG-T because of the performance but as it was going to be her car I couldn't push too hard.

Our local dealer had three specs to drive so firstly we drove the DIG-T but, of course, I now know that it only comes in auto form. I thought this was a fabulous car and would have bought it straight away. My wife even thought that the auto was so good that she no longer wanted a manual !! I t seemed that we had a bringing together of minds until she said that she didn't want leather seats which is mandatory.

The second vehicle was the 1.5 diesel which performed very well but only in manual drive so that was forgotten.

Our only option at this point was to go for the 1.6 petrol CVT but the dealer only had this in manual so I test drove this spec to see how it stacked up against the DIG-T. I was suitably impressed with it's performance so we have made a compromise from our original thoughts and have ordered a JUKE Acenta (Premium Pack) 1.6 CVT.

It's all a compromise but hopefully we will not be dissapointed.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I've got theJUKE Acenta (Premium Pack) 1.6 CVT. You'll love it.
When do you expect delivery and what colour?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the DIG-T is available in manual as long as you get the 2WD its only the 4wd that is Auto

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ordered 24th November BUT delivery not expected until mid MAY 2011.

The colour will be FORCE RED

1 - 16 of 16 Posts