Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because the Juke was such an impulse buy last weekend I had to stick to other plans rather than spend the weekend galavanting around the countryside, so I've only done 100 miles so far. My initial impressions are as follows:

Engine
It's quick Very quick. And it really seems to want to go. It seems that just as the turbo kicks in and it wants to really take-off it's time to change up due to rapidly approaching rear bumber of the car in front!

It does seem difficult to pull away cleanly when it's cold, though. A couple of times I've kangarooed up the road, but this is probably just me getting used to the clutch.

Inside
Having come from a 2L petrol Qashqai, the first thing is the size. Obviously it's a smaller car, so it might seem obvious to state that and I am sure that the privacy glass contributes to the rear seeming smaller than it actually is. It's not that often that I take rear passengers anyway!
The general feel from the drivers seat is good though, with pretty good visibility all round. The seats are a bit lower and harder than the Qashqai, which were sumptuous in comparison. I don't really mind, though.

Outside
There's nothing much to say really, except like the Marmite, people either love it or hate it. There's no inbetween. As it's a 6 month old, 8000 mile ex-demonstrator it was never going to be immaculate but I do keep finding more and more stone chips.

Equipment
I'll miss the auto-lights of the Qashqai; the auto-wipers not so much. It's rare that I drive anywhere where I don't know where I am going, so I think I'll rarely use the SatNav, although the Connect is a nice bit of kit in general. It was really easy to connect up my HTC phone. I'm sure there's a lot of stuff that I've not found yet so it'll be a voyage of discovery.
I'm really missing the audible warning of the rear parking sensors but I think it's because, at the moment, I find it alien to look where the screen is when reversing. It's something I'll get used to, no doubt.
Itried playingwith the speed limiter & the cruise control this morning on the way to work butthe cruise didn't want to know - again, probably just me but I would have thought it would beeasy -likein the Qashqai!

General
I always used to drive the QQ with the display set to "range". When it was filled up it was 400+ miles. When I filled up the Juke on Saturday, it showed 211 miles. Now I know it's not going to be as economical and it has a smaller tank, but even so!

The ride is harder than the QQ - again, that's unsurprising.
Where I have the drivers seat positioned, the seatbelt gets caught between the B-pillar and the seat. It's a very minor thing but annoying.

Overall
I love driving it! Only time will tell how I get on with it on a day to day basis and I'm sure that the times I really miss the space of the Qashqai will be few and far between. If I had a pound for every time my girlfriend said she missed the Qashqai I'd have enough for the mats by now!

But oh, the power...

PS. Why can't I upload an avator?Edited by: ctrollen

·
Registered
127 Posts
"If I had a pound for every time my girlfriend said she missed the Qashqai I'd have enough for the mats by now!"

You should have sold her the Qashqai!

Edited by: wingman

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
wingman said:
"If I had a pound for every time my girlfriend said she missed the Qashqai I'd have enough for the mats by now!"

You should have sold her the Qashqai!
if i had a pound for every time the wife lets me drive,i would have £3.00.

·
Registered
998 Posts
[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]
Correction, Minus £27 , you forgot the3 tenners you had to give her to let you drive it 3 times, £30 given out, £3 someone gave you equals minus £27. Tc

·
Registered
998 Posts
Lady juke said:
Thanks Tc

That reminds me , roll on Christmas, I do like a good Carol. TcPs let me be the first this year,MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
[/QUOTE]
Correction, Minus £27 , you forgot the3 tenners you had to give her to let you drive it 3 times, £30 given out, £3 someone gave you equals minus £27. Tc
[/QUOTE]
correct,tc,do you know my wife,

·
Registered
998 Posts
glencairn said:
[/QUOTE]
correct,tc,do you know my wife,[/QUOTE]
Only by money transfers mate, It was my idea that she charged you to drive the Juke, for that i get 30%, every time you get behind the wheel your missus sends me £3. Tc

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice to see the thread go so off on a tangent so quickly

My girlfriend and I did brieflydiscussher having the QQ but she didn't actually want it as her daily driver as it's too big and she likes her Micra, but she loved being wafted around as a passenger in it.

Update #1: I got the cruise control to work OK. I wasn't taking my foot off the pedal whilst the "set" button was pressed.

Update #2: the range is still showing around 200 miles, despite me having done 100 miles or so since filling up. Looks like I'm getting around 30mpg currently, despite megiving it a bit ofwelly. Which is nice.

Another annoying thing - there's no LW on the radio. How the **** am I going to listen to Test Match Special now?!
Edited by: ctrollen

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
trachycarpus said:
glencairn said:
correct,tc,do you know my wife,[/QUOTE]
Only by money transfers mate, It was my idea that she charged you to drive the Juke, for that i get 30%, every time you get behind the wheel your missus sends me £3. Tc
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
ctrollen said:
Nice to see the thread go so off on a tangent so quickly

My girlfriend and I did brieflydiscussher having the QQ but she didn't actually want it as her daily driver as it's too big and she likes her Micra, but she loved being wafted around as a passenger in it.

Update #1: I got the cruise control to work OK. I wasn't taking my foot off the pedal whilst the "set" button was pressed.

Update #2: the range is still showing around 200 miles, despite me having done 100 miles or so since filling up. Looks like I'm getting around 30mpg currently, despite megiving it a bit ofwelly. Which is nice.

Another annoying thing - there's no LW on the radio. How the **** am I going to listen to Test Match Special now?!
no t.m.s,this puts a spaniad in the works.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
glencairn said:
ctrollen said:
I thought I'd found a way round it. I have a portable DAB radio, which I can connect up to the AUX socket usinga 3.5mm jack lead. Unfortunately, I didn't seem to be able to get any decent reception when I tried it - I suspect that in normal use it uses the headphone lead as an aerial.
Of course, 5LiveSportsExtra wasn't on air when I tried so whether I can get it when the 1st Test starts tomorrow remains to be seen.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
ctrollen said:
glencairn said:
ctrollen said:
I thought I'd found a way round it. I have a portable DAB radio, which I can connect up to the AUX socket usinga 3.5mm jack lead. Unfortunately, I didn't seem to be able to get any decent reception when I tried it - I suspect that in normal use it uses the headphone lead as an aerial.
Of course, 5LiveSportsExtra wasn't on air when I tried so whether I can get it when the 1st Test starts tomorrow remains to be seen.
ctrollen,you can manualy tune in to long wave,go on to a.m.and manualy tune down to 693,i think,and that should give you the cricket,

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
ct,gave you the wrong numbers,tune down on am,to 603,this will give you long wave tms,,,,

1 - 15 of 15 Posts