Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this will interest any one but thought I would post it anyway. I have come across a USB Memory Stick that seems to be made for the Juke. It is so small that you dont even know its there.I originally orderes a 16Gb form Amazon but recieved a 32Gb so bit of a bonus there, plenty big enough to hold all the music I have.Have attached some pics so you can see how small it is.

Edited by: Cornishtomo

·
Registered
912 Posts
When the car was first launched last September, there were some special Juke USB Drives available, but I think these were a promotianal issue. Deks36had some for sale, but I believe they have all gone now.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have one of those small USB-drivers, that has been made to look like a USB-port protection cap. That is quite cool, since I would not dare to leave a high capacity drive a visible place in the car..

·
Registered
912 Posts
I have today bought a Lexar 16Gb USB Drive, which will be plenty big enough for what I want. It is the same micro type like the one shown.
Now being a bit of a non techno, when it comes to using these, I take it that music from CDs have to be in MP3 format to be able to plug in and play in the Juke. I have downloaded a converter on my computer to enable me to Rip the files from my Cds which loads them onto the USB Drive in MP3 format. Is this correct to enable me to play these when I plug in the device in the Juke?
I have never had a car that has this facility before and have always used the in car CD player. But I have managed to get all my Cds onto this USB Drive, which is great.
Can someone please tell me if I have done this correctly.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
~Yes mate if you have got all your music onto the USB drive as MP3's then all you need to do is plug it in and you should see a message on your screen saying something like "USB device detected" once that had disapeared you should be able to access all your music

·
Registered
912 Posts
Thank's guys, I thought I had not made a boob. When you get to my age, it's hard to keep in touch with all this modern technlogy. Our first radio when I was a kid was fired up using the old lead acid accumilator, which you changed at the loca ironmongers

Our first telly in 1953 was a 9" black & White and all the street came to watch the Coronation on it. No one in our street had one at the time.

Thing's have moved on a lot since those days.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No Problem Just seen that you pick your Juke up on the 10th, might be worth taking your USB with you and get the dealer to show you how to get it working. Not that you will need to as it is very easy, but an idea.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Geoff_Juke said:
Thank's guys, I thought I had not made a boob. When you get to my age, it's hard to keep in touch with all this modern technlogy. Our first radio when I was a kid was fired up using the old lead acid accumilator, which you changed at the loca ironmongers

Our first telly in 1953 was a 9" black & White and all the street came to watch the Coronation on it. No one in our street had one at the time.

Thing's have moved on a lot since those days.
Now i have found whose to blame for Coronation Street. Your family.Tc

·
Registered
912 Posts
Cornishtomo said:
No Problem
Just seen that you pick your Juke up on the 10th, might be worth taking your USB with you and get the dealer to show you how to get it working. Not that you will need to as it is very easy, but an idea.
Yes good idea, thanks Cornishtomo

·
Registered
417 Posts
Geoff_ Juke

This may be of help to you as I had problems at first.
Here is how I did it, just incase there are some senior members like myself or less techno minded.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Deleted all the music folders in "My Music" and Windows Media Player, as these were inWMA format.
Ripped the CDs to Windows Media Player in Mp3 format. ( To set format, clicked "Rip"and format appears in menu, click "Mp3").
Once ripped, copied the album folders from "My Music"to the USB Stick which had pre-formatted to FAT32.

To play in the connect system.
Plug in USB, press Browse, the first album loads and shows the tunes in that album.
At the top of the tunes a "Folder Up" appears, touch this and the list of your albums are on the screen, scroll down to select the required album.

Happy listening.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Thanks Bakertech,
I have managed to get all my music onto the USB Stick, in MP3 format, by using a music file converter, which converts files from WMA to MP3. Using the converter is quite simple. Open Converter Programme, then load CD into Rom Drive, which gives a list of tracks in the converter screen. Plug in USB Stick. Choose what tracks you want by ticking the boxes, then click Rip, this then puts the music onto the stick in MP3 format.

As Alexsandr would say SIMPLES!

I have an MP3 Player on my computer and all the music that I have put on the USB Stick, plays ok.
So far I havemanaged to transferover two hundred songs onto this micro USB Stick and It has only used 2.2 Gb out of 8Gb. Marvelous when you think how technology has moved on, form the 12" 78rpmGramaphone Record, which smashed if you dropped it. All this music on a USB Stick, not much larger than my little finger nail.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Intersting comments Geoff_ Juke

Our new HP stick (ex Staples)is the size of my little fingernail, therefore does not protrudelike the old one. Even smaller than the stick mentioned in these postings.

As you say modern technology!!

I know somebody that has wax cylinders and several pieces of equipment to play them on., too big for the car.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Here's the link to the Music File Converter. Download the Free Version, no need for the purchased version, as the free version does what you want it to do, converts files from your CD's to MP3 Files, straight onto your USB Stick.
Easy to use too.
http://www.nch.com.au/switch/index.htmlEdited by: Geoff_Juke

1 - 20 of 42 Posts