Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone fitted 20" alloys yet?, if so please post some pics. im thinking of 245/35/20 tyres, the diameter of the tyre is only 11mm bigger, so when the speedo reads 70 on standard 17" it will read 69 on the 20", only 1 mph difference, just found a great app for the iphone that tells you.........

·
Registered
63 Posts
According to aleading source for tires and rims in the United States, There is definitely a very long listing of 20'' rims/wheels for the Juke. (but with a warning, clearly marked at the top of the page) this is all new.. and questions like yours will undoubtedly have aftermarket manufactures scrambling for new ways to meet the needs of the consumer. However, I wouldn't go to that extreme without upgrading the suspension. Juke is ridding a bit rough on bumps and pot holes here in states all ready.
Great knowing the app has detailed info on this as well.

Edited by: JukeAttitude

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I would have thought with 20" alloys - it would be a recipe for disaster here. The roads are not up to it given the terrible condition they are in. I think they would look dreadful on the Juke too- just a step too far
They would probably be more suited to the german autobahn - not here???

Fee

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I have to kind of agree with fee as much as I like large alloys I do find they look a bit silly with rubber bands for tyres on a vehicle thats is raised in height. I would also agree with other comment that the ride is fairly firm as it is can you just imagine how harsh it will be on those kind of tyres.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Here in the States, the younger generation tends to go to these types of extremes.. wanting bigger, faster and more "bling".. I wouldn't be surprised to see, That one day someone from the States create a lifted Juke for extreme off road purposes. I've seen worse.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm with the general consensus here. I'm all for personal preference modifications but 20" wheels are overkill and will strangle the agility and road holding we are currently experiencing with our Sport-cross.I've seen them on many cars and trucks, they sometimes hinder traffic because they are dodging every hole they see. As soon as a small bump is noticed on the road they are carefully and slowly going over them to avoid a bent wheel or blow out.It might be a good thing for "show" but not for "go".

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well ,What can i say. I take it you are all old that have put a reply
, And even an ex owner too.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Actually looks OK in theprevious pic I think?

Mind you, Id hate to go over a bump in it!!

Andy
Edited by: andytran

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
20s dont look to bad from that pic but them low profile tires are going to be a harsh ride.
Im going for 18s with only marginly smaller tires than the standard meaning that at 60 ill be doing about 61 hehe
There are just to many rough roads and pot holes to make buying large expensive alloys and tires worth while. i would also be avoiding every dent in the tar mac..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts