Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,
I have now had my Juke Tekna (1.6 petrol / manual) for 2 weeks. I though I would post a few comments/observations that may be of use to people;

<UL>
<LI>Everyone so far has commented how good it looks, no detractors whatsoever</LI>
<LI>Gear shift (manual) does still get on my nerves a little as it is quite awkward / clunky (in my opinion)</LI>
<LI>Nissan Connect system is fantastic - full iPod touchscreen control/ phone integration etc etc, the main beauty is ease of use.</LI>
<LI>Comfortably fit my 2 children in the back, both in seats (aged 3 & 5) - easy to get them in and out etc. </LI>
<LI>Reversing/parking camera is spot on - I thought I wouldn't use it, but I use it everytime I reverse. It's great.</LI>
<LI>I would recommend the Teknafor the electric folding wing mirrors if nothing else. These are really useful as the mirrors are pretty big</LI>
<LI>Air con controls are intuitive and clear - I just keep it on automatic</LI>
<LI>Drive options (sport/normal/eco) again I though would be a gimmick, however, I drive ain sport and my wife drives in normal- there IS a difference</LI>
<LI>It is a shame that the windows do not 'auto up' when locking the car</LI>
<LI>The keyless entry is fantastic - takes some getting used to (remembering you don't need to get your keys out), but works a treat!</LI>[/list]

All in all very happy, you cannot go wrong with this spec (Tekna) and in my opinion the camera / auto wing mirrors and keyless system are really useful benefits. I am sure that I will get used to the gears - hopefully soon.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Glad to see you like the tekna, i have the tekna cvt on order not due for delivery until Jan but i cant wait, i bet the keyless entry does take abit of getting used to.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have keyless entry on my X Trail, it is brilliant and was one of the reasons that I went for the Tekna

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Thanks for your report.... Glad you're happy

i wish I had gone for the TEKNA although finances couldnt stretch to it.

Keep us posted with further info as time goes on

Fee x

·
Registered
12 Posts
Fantastic news! Is it a DIG-T? When did you order it?

I've still to wait until December

·
Registered
873 Posts
I've had mine for about 5 weeks now (Accenta 1.6 Manual) and the gears are much much smoother on it now, they are actually pretty good.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Great review and glad youre liking the Juke, making me want mine to arrive all the quicker, but mid - end of January it is (I hope)

·
Registered
113 Posts
<div style=": rgb255, 255, 255; margin-left: 1px; margin-top: 1px; margin-right: 1px; margin-bottom: 1px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; -: none; ">I have keyless entry and start on my Megane currently and I really like it, mostly for safety, at night I am not struggling to find my keys in the dark before I can get in the car and secondly, it is really useful when you have your hands full!

Edited by: Hudson

·
Registered
24 Posts
12Inchmick said:
Loving all this good feedback on the Juke - especially this one as mine is Tekna also but CVT so not expecting clunky gearshifts..............

Great post.

Mick
If the CVT you get on the juke is naything like the Murano you are surely in for a treat....it is by far the easiest and best fun to drive, my husband has had several Murano CVT and it is brilliant, I just love the look on the boy racers face at the lights when you leave them for dust!! (at 37 I should have grown up by now heh!)

·
Registered
97 Posts
37 lol your still a youngster Im 49 and have a 160 bhp fiat punto its got the ems remapped. Im going to miss its power but i just loved the juke from the minute I took it for a test drive although i have only gone for the acenta with sport pack Im really looking forward to it.and ill only have it for 3 years then I may go for something from Nissan with a bit more power.

·
Registered
13 Posts
All jukes have automatic drivers electric window. To use all u have to do is push down on your window button for 2 secs and it goes down automatically and lift up and hold for 2 seconds to automatically put the window back up! All the other windows are manually operated electric windows! The reason you may find the gear box different is because its a short throw gear box for that more sportier feel! It takes a bit of getting used to! if you want my personal opinion the 1.5dci is by far the best drive in the petrols even the 1.6 digtpetrol! even though both petrols are faster bhp than the diesel, the diesel has more torque which makes it alot faster!! i currently have the dci as my demo car and i tell u, they will never get me out of it!!! he he!!! Defo try dci before making any decisions to purchase the car!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
The DIG-T 1.6 engine is a real treat. In normal or sport mode the car is eager to go. Even in Eco mode its not that bad and more than good enough for heavy traffic.

What the car most certainly is though is FUN and boy does it turn heads. Just park it outside a shopping mall, walk away and just watch how many people stop to look at it, its really quite amazing.

I am sure there are other Jukes in the area as the dealers do not seem to be able to get them in stock anywhere near as fast as they can sell them but so far I have not seen another one on the road.

Only 'iffy' thing for me so far is the condensation that forms in the headlights and blinkers. Maybe that is something that happens in all cars and Ive not noticed it before, for sure its something I will be keeping an eye on and asking the dealer about though

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have the keyless entry on my micra which I'm trading in for a Juke.

Beware! If you lose the key it costs a bloody fortune, to buy a new one and have it programmed.

I speak from personal experience! The wife lost her key and it was nearly grounds for divorce!

Lol!

Ouch!

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Four month appraisal, I've just been Done for speeding in my dig-t, bang goes 20 years points free licence.... Edited by: Kats

1 - 20 of 24 Posts