Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

Thought I'd say hello and pose the following question...

I've had 2 Jukes on order since October, one Blue (mine), the other red (the girlfriends), both Acenta 1.6 manuals with Sport packs and no other accessories... so both identical aside from colour.

Original delivery date was December 29th, then mine got pushed back to Jan 7th and her to Jan 15th, then today I hear mine is now pushed until Jan 11th and hers until Feb 15th!!!

Aside from the bit of snow, is there a reason for the delays and why would hers be delayed so much later than mine? The probably answer to me is red is a popular colour, but does anyone have any other info?

I will read the posts around here to see what i can find out myself, but if anyone can fill me in in the meantime I would really appreciate it. Really not looking forward to telling her the bad news... again tonight

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi B1ue52 and welcome to the site. There has been a lot of variation in delivery dates up and down the country. I now know how lucky I was to get mine in early Dec having ordered in late October, however mine was picked from a list that the dealer had on order. Unfortunately there is not a lot you can do, it does show how popular this vehicle is. You could of course let the wife have yours for a few days

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello....

I have been waiting over 31/2 months know, just under a month late.I still havent been given a firm datebut think she might be on her way, Nissan phoned today to say there is a transporter onroute but cant say if my caris on itso hopefully it wont be to long know. Good luck with yours, all I can say is keep the faith you will get there........

·
Registered
659 Posts
It may be to do with the paint colour?
I bet they set the lines to paint a bunch of cars a single colour for (maybe) a week??

Plus the red is a lot more popular so that could be a reason for a longer wait. I don't think the paint colour is a trivial issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys I'm a newbie and this is my first post

I also have problems with delivery date on my new Juke.I ordered a Red, Tekna 2wd, CVT in October 2010 and was given a January 2011 delivery date. I have now been told by the dealer 'Wessex Nissan' in Cardiff, that the delivery date has been put back to May

Evidently there is a big problem with obtaining CVT auto gearboxes andI was told that Nissan have lost the contract with there orginal supplier and had to negotiate another supplier, who is having problems filling the volume of orders for Auto boxes.
issan Customer services have said that there will be no new CVT cars being ordered Juke or Qashqui until the current back orders have been filled, which could take a few months.

Luckily Wessex Nissan, have stated they will honour the original part exchange value and still only charge 17.5% VAT when the car does finally arrive in the middle of 2011.

Just have to be patient

·
Registered
457 Posts
I think many of us on here are worried about delivery times. I'm expecting the call soon to say mine has been put back to February delivery. I'm trying to be an optimist and hope that it will still be 24th January. I hope you dont have to wait too long !

·
Registered
144 Posts
Heck Blue52 - a double let down for you - sorry to hear the news - join the growing queue of patient (sometimes) would be owners -
and Twiz - what can I say - must be reason number 252 - book 2 - NISSAN (reasons to be patient)
if you ring on another day and speak with another person I put mymoney on you getting a different reason................

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Hiya guys

Welcome to the forum

As has been said time and time again - there seems to be no rhyme or reason for delvery dates just now - quite literally - they are all over the place.!!!!

Might be something to do with the colour, might not - no-one knows - quite clearly someone somewhere knows but not the people that should!!!! - The paying customers

Hope you get your dates sooner rather than later!!!

All the best

Fee x

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 down, 1 to go!

My Haptic Blue Acenta Sport 1.6 manual was delivered at 8am on Saturday morning and have enjoyed a couple of hundred miles in it over the weekend.

The only thing I am dissapointed with is the sound quality of the stereo. It's not awful, but it's not great either. I had an Alpine head unit in my Focus and it's poor in comparison. We have both these Jukes on lease so won't be upgrading the stereo in either so I will have to live with it.

On the plus side though, it's the first time I've seen one in the flesh in Haptic Blue and I really like it. It's a great drive, more fun than I thought it would be and is very sure footed, even in these flooded conditions we have today. Gear changes feel a bit plasticy and cheap, but I knew that on the test drive. After getting used to how it drives I am really liking it and managing 31 to the gallon without trying to be careful so pleased with that.

Just got to wait another month or so for the girlfriends one in red now. Hopefully she wont guilt me in to letting her have mine until hers comes

AndyEdited by: B1ue52

·
Registered
189 Posts
nice one b1ue52 at last you have one and surely you and the girlfriend share things so don't be rottten, i am awaiting a call back from my supplier as i browse the forum and must say having tried to tie down the sales team last week and not even getting a reply i am now becoming a little aggitated by there shear lack of proffesinalism, but not wanting to go on you enjoy your new toy and i will keep everyone up todate with my findings
</font>

·
Registered
457 Posts
I've ordered a red Acenta Premium and this has now been pushed back for delivery to the beginning of February. So much for a January delivery. Oh well the waiting continues.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts