Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys after picking up my new juke yesterday I thought I should probably buy all new cleaning products, sponges buckets etc, but when I was in halfords they had a 3 for 2 offer on all cleaning products. That's when I saw some new polish by Mer called Hybrid wax it's now in a black container rather than the classic blue, also I saw another one called G3 professional formula, super resin wax.
I asked the guy in halfords about them and he said he had not used the g3 formula, but hr had used the Mer hybrid wax and said it was great , better than auto glymns HD wax.

So I bought both and figured I'd try them out for myself. Has anyone heard of these 2? Or even better used them? And have any feedback on them?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
the man to truly answer this question is rocks and I am sure he will be along sometime soon
read thru the detailing section some good tips on polish and waxes in there

·
Registered
8 Posts
REGARDNG WAX I ALSO RUN CLASSIC CARS AND RECENTLTY USED A WAX BY BILTHAMMER ITS ADVERTISED IN PRACTICAL CLASSIC IT REALLY IS GOOD A LITTLE HARD TO RUB OFF BUT DONE IN SMALL AREAS IT A BRILLAINT FINISH

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Geoff_Juke said:
Look no further. Absolutely brilliant stuff. A bit pricey but worth it. You may get it on Amazon a bit cheaper than Halfords

http://www.merproducts.com/hybrid-wax.aspx
I used both the products today, the Mer is really thick it's a long process to get it onto the paintwork, equally as difficult to take of to be honest, but the end result it a water like shine that is actually one if the best I've seen. Plus it says on the tub it protects for 6 months, although not sure how accurate that could be.

As for the G3 formula it hoes on very easy it's definatly more of a resin based polish but I have to say the end result of this was better than the Mer! I know all you die hard Mer and auto Glymn fans are gonna say it's not possible but I personally think it leaves a very very shiney glass coat on the paintwork noticeably better than auto G and Mer!

I did 3 side by side waxes on the bonnet and I could honestly see that the G3 formula out shon the other 2 waxes.

In the end I put the Mer on all over as that aparantly lasts so long then I went over the whole car again with the G3 and it looks amazing. I did however spend nearly 4 hours doing it, but I'm happy it has a bit of protection.

Give them a go if your in the Market for a new wax. If your going to ho for just 1 though I would recommend the G3 formula. Hands down the best in my opinion.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Yes Mer polish is pretty thick stuff, but as it is a water based polish, I usually use a wet cloth to apply it. This way you will find it will spread easier. Try not to put it on too thick and once it drys, you will find it easier to polish off. Better to do two light polishes, rather than putting onone thick coating. Try not to get it on the black plastic wheel arch trim, as it is pretty hard to get off. Use a back to black polish for these, or Mer black plastic trim polish. You can also apply Mer polish whilst the car is still wet after a wash, as it will merge with the wet surface and dry off as normal. Once dry, just polish off with a lint free cloth. A good polish with Mer once a fortnight will keep your car looking as good as new, without using any other polishes. But that is up to you!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
The mer hybrid is getting some good reviews but its not living up to the durability that has been claimed. There are a lot more choices of waxes/sealants out there which are easier to use and cost the same.P.S don't set alight to your bonnet

I wouldn't use any trim restorer that contains silicone as it gives false results. If you have faded trim use Gtechnq C4 if you just want to maintain Chemical Guys G6 is good as well is AG Trim restorer.
Edited by: Rocks703

·
Registered
37 Posts
i tend to use meguiars products and swear by them but i did buy the g3 formula wax last month to try on my black l200. was really impressed by it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Glad to know you thought it was good. Yeah I think it seems to look at it's best on black, i'm gonna try some autoglymn HD wax this weekend, I've heard good things about that.

·
Registered
72 Posts
For many years I used a combination of Simoniz's Liquid Diamond followed by a coat of Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection. It is great, the rain, mud & snow just doesn't stick, the paintwork looks great for months. 3 or 4 years ago I ran out of Liquid Diamond, couldn't find anyone selling it, so I tried a cheaper wax (More Elbow Grease) but the results are pretty much the same once the Autoglm Extra Gloss Protection has been applied afterwards.

Autoglm claims that the product can last upto 2 years, not to sure about that, but I can leave mine for at least 12 months before I feel it needs to be done again.

I've learned recently that </font>Simoniz's Liquid Diamond is now sold as Simoniz Instant Shine. I'll give it a go when I pick up my new Juke on 1st Sept.

Regards

Wizard
</font>

·
Registered
998 Posts
That'll be the recycled sewage in it then as a bulking agent.Tc

·
Registered
555 Posts

NO NO NO - Coconut oilThe type i rub on my misses back and try to rub in the unseen parts
and she always says - GET OFF...
Smells real good - nearly had a drink tbh just needed a spot of vodka

·
Registered
14 Posts
I like Mer HD and agree that it takes some effort to put on and take off. It's been rather a wet summer and I have only used it twice on my White Juke and the water sheets off. I also used it on my black VW Tiguan and I wanted to kill myself as it took so long to apply and take off.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts