Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks guys. I will have a go next weekend so will post pics afterwards.

·
Registered
561 Posts
question... if you use G3 or... and the scratch is gone, is it gonna come back after some time or stays it away?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
G3 is a compound and aggressive. If you get it out with this it won't come back as it is polished out. The other products mentioned are way less aggressive but they have fillers which will mask the scratch so after time it will reappear.

·
Registered
123 Posts
FriendlyWombat said:
Out washing Jukey todayand he's got his first scratch

It's not much, just an inch long crescent moon one just above the passenger door handle. Thought it was some fluff from the cloth at first but no. Not sure how deep it is but it is a white colour (sorry colour blind) so would like to sort it as best I can.

So need some advice on product and techniques to remove it. Had a quick search onlineand there seems to be a lot of products that all claim to do thesame thing so advice would be invaluable.

Its metallic force red and thanks in advance
Do you know how the scratch got there out of interest? were you parked up in a supermarket car park? I know I'll be paranoid when my Juke arrives and will dread the day I find the inevitable first scratch

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Ahh well heres the thing. I washed Jim Bob a week last Thursday and had not driven him at all untill Saturday. Went to the White Rose and parked miles from anyone (yeah i'm that guy still) got back to the car and still miles from anyone. When I get home I notice the mark on the car.

So I did it either by washing it,It happened at the car park or the postman / delivary man has brushed against it.

I think its the latter because of the way that our driveway and house are laid out and it looks like something has brushed it as there are less severe scratches running parallel to the main one.So my advice is make sure you leave next to no room on one side of the drive and plenty on the other so anyone coming down has less chance of coming near it.

Thought about ringing CSI but think driving it has affected the crime scene.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Ey Up,

Right then. Used the G3 and it got the scratch out lovely. I will post some pics this weekend when I get round to giving Jim Bob a clean.

Problem I have now is that I used this spray polish and its gone on the bumber and dont think it will come off with car shampoo. Can anyone recommend a product / technique to get the marks off?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
just used an all purpose cleaner (APC) with a brush then use a plastic trim dressing to but a shine back on, just done
The best rated product at the mo for trim is Gtechniq C4, but there are loads out there just avoids ones that have silicone in them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I collected my Juke from the dealer on 18th March and when i inspected it before handing over the money found 2 chips on the edge of the front wing just under the light cluster and a large chip on handle part of the boot. the offside rear quarter panel was really out of line too. I told them i wouldnt accept the car in that condition but was GEARANTEED it would be restored to its original condition. 4 WEEKS later the dealer took it in and replaced the clips on the rear quarter panel to my satisfaction but the chips.........

I was advised by NCS that when spraying the car in the factory the paint is baked at 160 degrees and no external bodyshop around could get up to those temperatures therefore the finish would not be the same. The dealership said they would "blow it in but that would mean respraying the entire panel and then bleed it in to the one next to it

Surely this would mean it would be visible after all thats anoth few layers blown onto the other panel and not baked at the same temperature. NCS advised me to get the dealer to touch up the chips. Correct me if im wrong but i asumed a professional body shop would touch up the chips, build up the layers to match it with the rest of the paint work.

BUT NO.... they got a touch up pen and coloured the chips in. My 7 year old niece could have done a better job. So im waiting for the dealer to get back to me as i have tols them that if i pay for a brand new car i EXPECT a brand new car, not a damaged one

ANY ADVISE - i have heard there may be companies out there that can restore chips like new (obviously at the dealer's expense). After all they can do it with chips in your windscreen !!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Be careful when having chips repaired as they are what is termed a smart repair which in my opinion is anything but My car arrived with a scratched tailgate which was smart repaired by the dealer and looked terrible after many heated exchanges I got it repaired at a bodyshop which I paid ofr all though the dealer later reimbersed me for that it looks as good as a factory finish

also I noted on your other comment the a Mr Stunt is head of customer service. I assume he is a recent appointment as he wasnt in charge last week as I have a good relaTionship with the head of NCS and his name is James Deacon well at least he was last time I spoke t him

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ah right thanks for that Deks, i was under the impression he was head of customer services, He has been really good actually and has agreed with me that i should never have been supplied a car in that condition straight from the factory and that the damage has either been overlooked through quality control or ignored more likely. we have discussed recompense with NCS but nothing has been agreed yet.

Im just waiting to hear back from the dealers for my options. Im of a mind to return the car and ask for a replacement or a refund with all the problems i've had with it

21 - 33 of 33 Posts