Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out washing Jukey todayand he's got his first scratch

It's not much, just an inch long crescent moon one just above the passenger door handle. Thought it was some fluff from the cloth at first but no. Not sure how deep it is but it is a white colour (sorry colour blind) so would like to sort it as best I can.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

So need some advice on product and techniques to remove it. Had a quick search onlineand there seems to be a lot of products that all claim to do thesame thing so advice would be invaluable.

Its metallic force red and thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
first thing you need to do is ascertain if its gone thru the paint or just lacquer
i find that most light scratches come of with rubbing compond I use G3 or a similar item
i may get slatted for that but it works for me

·
Registered
115 Posts
deks36 said:
first thing you need to do is ascertain if its gone thru the paint or just lacquer
i find that most light scratches come of with rubbing compond I use G3 or a similar item
i may get slatted for that but it works for me
G3 would be my first chose, we use it all the time at work, a very mild abrasive and works great on clear topcoat, then a good wax.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Guys,

Did not want to start a new topic so carried this one on. Thanks for the advice, never did get the scratch out as it was only a little one so I figured I would wait untill the day I got a much larger one and us it as a test area/

And today is that day

Found a 300mm scratch on the drivers side rear door running up and over the rear quarter. (over the "hips" as I call them). It's clearly visable and my finger nail catches on it which looking at online discussions seem to be the universal answer for a "problem".

Will the G3 mentioned be a good solution for this? If so,you guys seem to have experience with this product so should I go for paste or luiquid? And also i will be doing this so will elbow grease be enough to get a decent finish on it?

Again, any tips and advice would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I use the liquid form here with a little fluid eg water or a wet cloth to apply small circle motion when applying
I have taken scratches out with just elbow grease
good luck let us know the results

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hubby just been outside with autoglym paint restorer trying to get out scratches from washing the car last weekend and it hasn't touched it!
So looks like we will be off to halfords tomorrow to buy some g3 liquid rather than paste. Do you think that's the best option?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Can you post a picture of the scratches?

·
Registered
416 Posts
I used g3 today on my scratch that I mentioned in another post and it's come out brilliantly. I'd certainly recommend now

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok then, will pick some up sometime this week. Will I be able to get it Halfords or is it trade stuff? Also, just to be on the safe side, if I use it too much can I damage the paint with it being abrasive?

Thanks to all for help.

·
Registered
104 Posts
jukearmy said:
I used g3 today on my scratch that I mentioned in another post and it's come out brilliantly. I'd certainly recommend now

Was that the liquid or paste?

·
Registered
561 Posts
its terrible but true.. when you got paintdamage... imean real little paintdamage ( pics follow) only a special nissan stick can cover it a littlebit...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok, Here is best pic of scratch I could get. It's a bugger trying to get a good one
picture not scratch.

So what do you guys think? Like I said before runs for about 300mm across door.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
to me that looks light enough for a farecla G compound to get out with some elbow grease
I use G3 other less harsh componds are available dont for get it use a damp cloth and/or water when doing so.
I am sure some of the cleaning guru will advise you better than me
regards

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
deks36 said:
to me that looks light enough for a farecla G compound to get out with some elbow grease
I use G3 other less harsh componds are available dont for get it use a damp cloth and/or water when doing so.
I am sure some of the cleaning guru will advise you better than me
regards
Go with what Deks has suggested. Products like Autoglym Super Resin Polish and Scratch X have fillers in which will help mask it. Theseare great products you use by hand and should make a big improvement to the mark. Apply on a foam applicator rubbing hard until the product turns from white to clear and then wipe off. Try to keep the work area to the immediate area of the scratchand not the surrounding paint, and apply a few times if necessary checking your work in between applications.If this doesn't work if you know anyone who has a polishing machine that will do the trick.
Edited by: Rocks703

1 - 20 of 33 Posts