Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i've just done 1000 miles in my Juke, i'm averaging 40.3 mpg constantly driving in eco mode, all in all i'm loving the car, couple of things i have a knocking noise every time i turn left slowly ( ringing the dealers about this ) and also having occasional probs with connecting my iphone to the connect system, keeps saying connection problem lately, other than that its a little cracker

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ive done about 400 miles and was mainly using Eco. It seemed to settle on 36.7mpg. Have been using Normal for about 4 days and it still says 36.7mpg. Have you found the car performance / fuel economy improved as it becomes 'run in'?
Edited by: beermatt

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Page 238 of the US User Manual has the following, which might affect mpg?

During the first 1,200 miles (2,000 km), follow these recommendations to obtain maximum engine performance and ensure the future reliability and econo- my of your new vehicle. Failure to follow these recommendations may result in shortened engine life and reduced engine performance.

Avoid driving for long periods at constant speed, either fast or slow. Do not run the engine over 4,000 rpm.
Do not accelerate at full throttle in any gear. Avoid quick starts. Avoid hard braking as much as possible.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Hiya

Am a bit concerned about the knocking noise when you turn the wheel........

Perhaps its steering problems or problems with the wheels - I would get it checked out...

Someone here might be more technical...

Fee x

·
Registered
41 Posts
acrorat said:
Page 238 of the US User Manual has the following, which might affect mpg?

During the first 1,200 miles (2,000 km), follow these recommendations to obtain maximum engine performance and ensure the future reliability and econo- my of your new vehicle. Failure to follow these recommendations may result in shortened engine life and reduced engine performance.

Avoid driving for long periods at constant speed, either fast or slow. Do not run the engine over 4,000 rpm.
Do not accelerate at full throHttle in any gear. Avoid quick starts. Avoid hard braking as much as possible.
Mine is over 4000 rpm the min your doing 75mph! Really needs a 6th gear
oh and I've done 3200 miles and averaging 35 mpg regardless of Eco and normal. Missing my old 50 mpg from my diesel corsa before but hey knew had to expect that when went back to petrol
That said LOVE her to pieces and wouldn't change a thing Edited by: Tori

·
Registered
105 Posts
Just done a 450 mile trip up to Oban and beyond.

Prob due to the big front profile and large
Mirrors, I've found the car the opposite of most in that it is economical around town but not on the
Motorway.

It was only doing 33 ish on the Mway but 40 ish in the Highlands.

However I'm real impressed with how nice it was to drive long distance, and struggled to leave Oban due to a constant stream of admirers wanting to know all about it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts