Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7v5sO3CHYc

Here's a video on how to install a DV to the Juke 1.6 Turbo
The kit is about £150 plus shipping from the states (then UK tax sting)
But these are a great device and do eliminate turbo lag

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Buy one and the magic will happen .......................................... if not sell it to me

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If any one is interested in buying at DV for their Juke I have been talking with the supplier in the States who said he would offer great discount on them, just mention my name Andy Docwra for the discount. They Retail at $285.
His name is Dan atEvolutionized Autosportand he can be contacted via email [email protected]
I hope I like the Juke I'm test driving Friday as I have already brought one of these, just need to buy the Juke now

When get the Juke I'll do a "How to" and a report of my thoughts on the DV.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm really not sure about it effecting the warranty, but it is a bolt on part so you could always bolt the OEM part back on at service time?

Here is a link about blow off/Dump Valvehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blow_off_valve

·
Registered
65 Posts
It is bound to affect the warranty and also your insurance premium as it is performance enhancing.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I listen that there is a "pull" version and a "push" version of the DV.
May be a silly question but on the AWD is there not a facility to use front wheel drive only, or is it always AWD??

If so, then how would that super looking bit of kit work?

·
Registered
561 Posts
Hi Pilgrim, you can choose: 2WD, 4WD with Vector suspension and 4WD only.

2WD = most economic, and for dry weather
4WD vector = sporty and wet weather
4WD = in the dirt, snow....

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
About the difference, the Synchronic technology for the BOV was designed for Pull mode. Therefore traditionally, Pull mode works best given the speed and agility of the design. Lately, because of the DV’s design, the same technology can also be used in Push mode. Although Pull mode is what is prefered for most applications, Push does have its advantages under certain circumstances. But for the main difference, Pull will make the DV react a bit faster than Push mode.

Here is the link for the tuning manual.http://www.synapseengineering.com/support/faq/pdf/DV_manual_webres.pdf

·
Registered
452 Posts
Well people, while in the past I have owned a turbo equipped car, I know very little about turbos, except on my Suzuki Cappuccino, the manual asks that you let the car idle for a few moments before switching off.

All this recenttalk on the forumabout waste gates, DV´s, BOV´s, push or pull, etc., etc., while fascinating, leaves me feeling a little frustrated, not understanding it all?

Am I correct in assuming that when boost is created by the turbo, the quicker the waste is gotten rid of, the better?? Is that the purpose of a Diverter Valve and a Blow Off Valve and are they bothcontained in the same unit??

I watched the video of a unit being fitted to a Juke and it seemed relatively straightforward.

Although my senior years dictate that I would normally employ someone else to fit a unit, I do feel, that with attention to detail, I could do it.

Many years ago, I was a BMW motorcycle mechanic, so I do have a reasonable understanding of things normally aspirated.

Have not got my AWD, CVT, Premium model yet but would love to have a better understanding. Am I on the right track, anybody??

1 - 20 of 58 Posts