Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

I'm in luv with the Juke :

I'm in a quandry though - the standard 1.6 petrol or the DIG-T 1.6 petrol? (Acenta Premium Pack for both)

I do a combination of motorway and town driving everyday, and just dont know what would be best. (I probably only do tops, 8000 miles a year, so dont think the diesel would work for me.)

I've test driven the standard 1.6 and really liked it - although I was rather cautious and not my usual 'heavy footed self'. I'm going to test drive the DIG-T as well and compare, but I just wondered if any of you had any thoughts or words of wisdom?

Cheers muchly

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I do about 90% town driving with my Dig-T and love it.
The turbo gives you that extra power when pulling away at a tricky round about or over taking a bus that is chugging along slowly.
When you are out on the motorway you will get great MPG at most speeds but you will most notice the difference here. I have found it a blessing when doing 70 or even 80 mph on the M6 and have the power to overtake in an instant without having to take a run up.
Some say that they dont need it but in my opinion it is better to have to much power and not need it than the other way around.
Wait till u take the test drive and then Judge for your self.
If your not that concerned about MPG then go for the turbo.
Im getting about 35mpg around town and 40 on the motorways

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have the 1.6 standard and love it… my wife & I both drive it, she thinks it's more than powerful enough & it is….however I feel it is a bit sluggish at times,putting it in sports mode improves it. I have never liked thrashing cars so maybe a driver thats revs em harder would get more performance from it & ours only has 800 miles on it.When I get into my Toyota Celica its totally different.The Dig-T is obviously dearer to buy & uses a bit more fuel but is faster.I would suggest you try both, both are fine cars...

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
puddin,[should you be from yorkshire],i the finances run to it go for the dig t,great bit of kit,as mb said,gets you out of the way,and cruises well at all speeds,

·
Registered
417 Posts
The DIG-T definately, without a doubt. There's no comparison.

1000miles on the clock and was able to use Sport Mode on the M27 last week, when the Turbo hit, boy how "Hatchi" shot past on the outside lane going East, up the hill between junctions 10 & 11.
Just can not untill I have run the car in for another 1000 miles. keeping the revs still below 3000 till then.

The comments one gets from people about it's looks, they all say that there is no other car out there like it. These comments are from BMW, Lexus and Merc owners. They love the shape, the spec, the rear door handels and the overall package for less than £22,000. The only gripe is that they would have to put the back seat down to take their golf clubs, shame but I donot play golf, prefer messing around on boats.

·
Registered
912 Posts
It's everyone to their own preference really. Personally, I have ordered the 1.6 manual Accenta with Premium pack, which I pick up a week today, because after test driving it, I was satisfied with its performance. It will do 0 to 62 mph in 11 seconds, only 3 seconds slower that the 1'6 digT. The fuel consumption is about 10 mpg more than the digT and the insurance is a lot cheaper. The only downside of the normal 1.6, is the five speed box. If the 1.6 had a six speed box, it would have been slightly more economical when running at higher speeds, with less engine revs. Why Nissan didn't use the 6 speed box on all Juke models is a bit bewildering.
However, the 1.6 driven in Sport mode is prettydamfast and suits me fine. You also have to take into account of the up front price difference too. But if you can afford the differences in price, including insurance and extra mpg, then go for the digT.
But it is really up to the individual when comparing that little bit of extra umph, against economy and a bit more money in your pocket.

·
Registered
912 Posts
L8RBB said:
Dear me, I wasn't told that you have to "run the car in", from my dealer. I thought this was a thing of the past, nowadays.
This is a thing of the past, but it is advisable to take it easy for the first few thousand miles, to let the engine loosen up a bit. Keep to no more than sixty and don't rev it too high for the first thousand miles. You will also find, that the fuel consumption will improve after this. I know you may want to give it some welly, especially on the Motorway, but just take it easy until it has loosened up a bit, that's my advice.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you for the helpful information Jukers and Jukettes - it is much appreciated.

I'll be arranging my test drives for next weekend, so come Sunday if all goes well, I'll be placing an order and waving farewell to my wee Corsa.

cheers again

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Another Votr for the DIGT. You will never be disappointed. The GRIN Factor alone will make your mind up

·
Registered
17 Posts
Deffo go for the DIGT 190 you will love it and it has a six speed gearbox too! The gearbox is from japan as the engine is too and very slick. And get white too as it has thicker paint, believe me i know that for a fact!!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Dependant on many things, but most of all, consider your MPG. If it's only 8,000 miles per annum, go with the DIG-T for the fun factor.

If you're talking more than 8k miles, I'd consider the N/a 1.6.

·
Registered
127 Posts
glencairn said:
8k,had ours since end of march,up to 5.5k already,its for driving not sitting on the drive
Collected mine 1st March, so had the Juke just over 6 months and I've covered 7k miles. I'm glad I went with the DIG-T, it is the most fun I've ever had in a car, however I never considered opting for the N/a 1.6, if I had of, I would have regretted not going for it now. I knew what I wanted, and went for it.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Cheers muchly - White ain't my favourite colour, more swayed to the red or black (sorry)

:)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Dig T definately. I have had a few over the last few months. The diesel was ace to drive and I loved it, now back with a 1.6 and it doesn't have the same power as either the Dig T or diesel.

Dig T all the way, just watch the extra hike in insurance costs compaired to the 1.6. This is what put me off.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts