Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello 1.6 non-turbo owners
I am posting this topic to see if there is any interest in a one-piece brushed aluminium air intake for the HR16DE engine. I am fabricating this for my own interest to fit my Juke and might as well do more than one.
I'm a 3rd year Mechanical engineering student and have done the research and calculations for the material and bends in the intake tube (not that it's that advanced at all!).
My price estimation on the tube + silicone fittings + clamps gives me around 60 GBP. Shipping to UK is 24 GBP giving a total 84GBP. This is including everything you need to replace the stock plastic flex tube and will weight under 1kg in total.
The tube should give the little engine a good amount of roar when accelerating, but otherwise quiet at cruise or idle. In addition it will add a nice feature to the engine bay :)
I will update this topic as I move further towards a finished product. Thanks.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So far so good - a 76mm zinc dipped stainless steel pipe with the exact length and shape to replace the rubber pipe. The next decision will be whether the camshaft air vent pipe to be welded onto the pipe or using a sleeved rubber grommet to attach the pipe. It will come down to cost and availability.
Since the length of the pipe is rather short and because of its low weight, this will also allow for cold air intakes together with a mass air flow sensor adapter pipe to be fitted.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finally fitted! Took me 5 minutes to fit - easy peasy.
Engine sounds better - not loud but definitely more sporty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts