Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got any reliable mpg figures yet,preferably on auto but not sure any out there yet?

·
Registered
754 Posts
shellann said:
Thanks I will try in the next few days - already have a photo ready and waiting!Currently driving locally and on Eco mode the car is averaging 42mpg, so very pleasing as the Jazz was not doing much morempg.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Mine's averaging 39 on normal mode.

I drove from my home in West Cumbria, up the M74 to Lanarkshire on Sunday - outward journey in eco mode, return journey in normal mode. I had the cruise control set at 76mh on the motorway section both ways and the road/traffic conditions were pretty much the same all day. There was practically no difference in the mpg figures between eco and normal - 38.8/38.6 - and I can't honestly say I felt any difference in the drive performance either. Edited by: ginnym

·
Registered
873 Posts
I am averaging 36mpg on manual in sport mode so no idea how auto express only managed 30.7! I think the average has settled down now from delivery, where it was set at 28 or so

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Up to 720 miles on our Juke now, Type of driving has been 90% city driving (school run!) with the car in eco mode and the avg mpg read out is at 35.6mpg. So all in all not bad.

If we did more miles on the motorway of dual carriage way I'm sure the mpg would be better!

To get 30mpg avg you'd have to be in sport mode, with a very heavy right foot.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Mez said:
Has anyone worked out the MPG by calculation rather than relying on the cars computer?

http://www.torquecars.com/tools/uk-mpg-calculator.php

Interested to see how accurate the onboard computer is.
finally someone who thinks logically
you can never rely on on board trips to give the right mpg you can only do it by measure and calculation, on board systems are about as accurate as manufacturers published figures in my opinion

·
Registered
540 Posts
Looking forward to an accurate mpg from someone with the 4 x 4 auto. My wife and I are most likely going to order one and at the moment we get on average 50 mpg (properly calculated) from our 1.33 Civic auto. So will be very interested in what is what.
We travel to and from work with about 50% of the journey on an even kind of surface, dual carriageway and travel anywhere from 56-ish to 68-ish regularly. If I push it we can get 55 mpg. If I drive hastily then the mpg drops to 43 mpg and that is really pushing it...
I know the auto and 4 x 4 combo will affect mpg and we are prepared to pay for it within reason. I agree with iamdabe, heavy right foot from Auto Express. I have only once seen a real comparison with real driving done and that was fifth gear doing their three different cars and fuel consumption. They got within a couple of mpg of the manufacturers' figures (somehow). I read of another comparison that Auto Expess did if I remember correctly and they had three cars with none of them within better than 8 mpg I think. So where does that leave you and me... we have to work it out for ourselves according to the way we drive our own cars. Simple as that. Still anywhere between 40 to 45 mpg would be great for the 1.6 turbo 4 x 4 auto.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Hum I'd have though if you were into 4x4 for snow and poor roads with high mpg, the 190 bhp sports car model would be the wrong choice. A qashqI diesel 4x4 would be a better choice.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Well the on board trip computer says i'm getting 40.3mpg average out of it. Used the online calculator and, bearing in mind it's not entirely accurate, i'd say I was probablygetting around 35mpg.

Thats 1.6 manual in eco mode mainly round town.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Thanks for the comments. Qashqai would be over budget I think and besides we both like the Juke and only my wife likes the qashqai.
I believe the 4 x 4 can be turned off for fine weather driving so that should save some.
It's such a pity they don't make a diesel auto in the 4 x 4 Juke. I would have thought that would please both the fuel conscious and the need for 4 x 4 when it arises. Oh well never mind, one day???
Has anyone seen the opalescent white compared with the solid white?

·
Registered
443 Posts
The JUKE has 4x4 s.o it can get all its 190 bhp on the tarmac. It's v fast .you sure you want it in white cos its going to be the fastest snow plough in the uk

Red may give is a chance to see you go by ...Edited by: Juke-of-earl

·
Registered
329 Posts
ginnym said:
Mine's averaging 39 on normal mode.

I drove from my home in West Cumbria, up the M74 to Lanarkshire on Sunday - outward journey in eco mode, return journey in normal mode. I had the cruise control set at 76mh on the motorway section both ways and the road/traffic conditions were pretty much the same all day. There was practically no difference in the mpg figures between eco and normal - 38.8/38.6 - and I can't honestly say I felt any difference in the drive performance either.

He obviously meant that the cruise control was set at 70 mph Officer......

Andy

·
Registered
204 Posts
andytran said:
ginnym said:
Mine's averaging 39 on normal mode. I drove from my home in West Cumbria, up the M74 to Lanarkshire on Sunday - outward journey in eco mode, return journey in normal mode. I had the cruise control set at 76mh on the motorway section both ways and the road/traffic conditions were pretty much the same all day. There was practically no difference in the mpg figures between eco and normal - 38.8/38.6 - and I can't honestly say I felt any difference in the drive performance either.

He obviously meant that the cruise control was set at 70 mph Officer......

Andy
Of course

·
Registered
873 Posts
If you have cruise control set at the same speed, its not going to make any difference to your mpg of course!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts