Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi popped in to local nissan dealer today & enquired about the waiting times on a 1.6 DiG-T CVT-M6 4WD, dealer seems to think february! Im prepared to wait alittle longer but wasnt sure if what he was saying was true! About 3 weeks ago when i called in last time they said that they'd be getting a demo model in early december & they said they'd ring so i could test drive it! But today i find out they have 1 in now but they havent given me a call to let me know...so i doubt i will be using that local dealer if they cant provide that very basic level of service!

·
Registered
33 Posts
We have got a demo 4wd cvt if you fancy a go Landydaz, your not too far from us. But February might be a bit optimistic. When i looked last week it said May. Nearly spat my tea all over the computer screen. But the dates do change daily so you never know.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the honest open reply Crosby!! I was expecting april time to be honest & fully prepared to wait until then! Maybe it will be worth a trip up your way nearer xmas!! What length of time do get to demo a car? I once had a vw bora for 24hrs test drive..something vw were doing but when i had my landy from new i knew what i was getting & didnt need a test drive as such!! A defender to a "normal" car for me will beva big jump for me after 13years of landrovers!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
We dont do unacompanied test drives, nothing at all like 24hour test drives either unfortunatly. Usually around 15-20mins with one of us sat in the passenger seat, theres a good mix of B roads and a long dual carageway we can go on if you want to see what its like at motorway speeds. But trust me, after 5 mins you will love it lol

24 hour test drives are a good idea in theory, but from a dealers point of view they are a real pain. You dont know if the car is going to get ragged within an inch of its life, or used in a robbery or anything. Plus some people would take the mick and just go around using different dealers cars for 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Im sure most wouldnt, but you never know.

If your going to come up at some point, just give us a ring and ask for me, or Pm me on here and il make sure the cars available.

Cheers

Daniel

·
Registered
754 Posts
12Inchmick said:
Test drove mine on my own for 45 mins, great. Good dealer too....................
Me too

Some of us must look trustworthy

·
Registered
575 Posts
My dealer came out with me as well and we had about 20-30 mins. Had to behave myself driving it (not that it was hard with the naturally aspirated 1.6
)

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
my dealer let me take one out un accompanied mind you had already ordered one have been to other franchises in the past that have let me out on my own
I wouldn't reccomend a garage to do it but their choice

1 - 9 of 9 Posts