LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Scratches on new black juke

Hi,

I've got a 6 month old Sep 2016 66 plate metallic black Juke. I've treated it like a baby since getting it, parking it at the back of car parks so nobody dings the doors. I wash it by hand every week using 2 buckets and sponges and a shammy leather and only using the Diamondbrite shampoo and conserver.

The last two weeks I've found lots of service scratches and I am devastated. What am I doing wrong??? And how can I get rid of the scratches??

I am so upset, any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 05:12 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi

Hi Sounds like your washing routine is the correct style. Maybe use a Microsoft cloth instead of the shammy? I would suggest you clay bar the car and seal and wax to protect it. The clay bar will remove a lot of the marks. I use it once twice a year then protect your paintwork with a good sealant and wax.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thank you Basky. To say I am heartbroken is an understatement. Is this usual for Nissans? I've read a lot of people on the US Juke forum saying that it is and that Nissan paint is soft.

I've just had a look on line and might buy the Autoglym clay detailing kit. Will wait a month or so until it gets warm and will do it twice a year too.

Is T cut colour restorer ok to use or will this damage the paint work? Want to keep it perfect with it being only 6 months old.

I've been so careful with the paintwork so was shocked to see the scratches, only small and you have to look closely but they are there!!

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 04:43 AM

Hi

Hi No it's not a t-cut it's like a ball of blue tack? looks like clay. With the kits you normally get a detail spray to lubricate the surface of the paint. Simply wash the car like normal, you can dry if you want, but your going to wash again after anyway. Then spray lubricant onto paintwork area and pull a small piece of the clay bar. work into your hands flat and lightly rub over the area. It will remove all deposits and light scratches ;-)

The main thing is to protect your paint and lacquer afterwards. A decent sealer and wax will do this. I use soft99 a Japanese silicone sealant and last six months or so. I was so impressed with it I also use it on shower glass ;-) Lol.

I'm new to Nissan paintwork so can't comment on how soft it is? I've come from Audis and vw but detail cars in my spare time.

Look up both products clay bar and king of shine(soft99) on youtube loads of info on there to help :-) I'll try to link products from uk ebay for an idea.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Soft-99-Ja...3D261200883717

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Meguiars-Q...IAAOSwEjFXfKvk

Hope this helps Cheers Basky.

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 07:53 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thank you so much. I will give it all a whirl and buy the stuff. I am heartbroken that I might have caused the scratches myself using the shammy leather. Scratch along back bumper, front wing and bonnet, not deep, only surface scratches,but so noticeable when I've just cleaned the car. I will keep you updated 👍
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 10:19 AM

Nice one don't worry a decent detailer can always get the marks/scratches out :-) But the key here is protection afterwards. Use a good quality sealant and wax. Poorbiys blackhole is very good and reasonably priced.

Also don't use sponges to wash the car as they hold the grit!! :-( use a decent microfibre wash mitt ;-) any advice give me a shout, happy to help 👌
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 03:58 PM

Yeah sponges and chamois are the big issue. Thy hold lots of grit and contaminants and will rub them all over your paint as you wash.

Do you do any prewash before you get your hands on it?
Also please don't use any t-cut products. They are so harsh they may well remove swirls and light scratches but they will leave polish marring on your paint work unless it's refined with a finishing polish after.

Nissan paint is generally soft, but every car is different and nothing can be taken for granted.

Glazes are good for a while, but they only mask the problem and don't fix it. You need to polish it first before thinking of glazing or waxing/sealing.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 07:55 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Hi, I haven't prewashed it but will in future. I did use the t cut metallics restorer to try and get the light scratches off but it didn't work. Hope I've not damaged it more. Never had a brand new car so it's upset me that it's got surface scratches. Not had chance to use the clay bar etc, gonna wait for a really nice day. Hope I've not damaged the car so much with the light scratches and by using t cut. Feel really upset about it.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 12:53 PM

Where are u based?
I only ask as I do car detailing and machine polishing on the side.
I'm kind of a keen hobbiest and have polished up a fair few cars. If u are local I could show you some products and techniques to hopefully remove scratches and how to do a 'safe wash'
Clay bars are good but beware as they are only a cleaner, they contain no fillers or abrasives so won't remove or hide and scratches, and if used incorrectly they can do more harm than good.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 08:50 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Hi,

I live in Nottingham. Kinda don't know what to do now, I feel as if I've damaged my brand new car and am I a bit lost as how to fix it without paying the dealer or something like Scratchmaster/dents away loads. Don't want to make it worse with it being a 66 plate. I did see a black 65 plate Quasqui in a car park I was in yesterday and that also had similar scratching so it must be a problem, especially with everyone using hand car washes. I want to keep it perfect!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Juke Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page