Creak or Knock near side rear - Nissan Juke Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-21-2012, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Creak or Knock near side rear, anyone had this?....its mainly if i go down a kerb or when i turn right into a junction, also louder first thing in the morning, does not seem so bad when the cars warmed up.I thought it maybe down the the rear seat locks. still need to check this out, but today i had passengers in the back and still heard the noise so maybe not the seats, could it be a rear suspension bush? only had the car 3 weeksTa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-21-2012, 04:01 PM
Juke Groupie

is there some thing rolling around in the boot (ie) under the boot trayi had a knocking it was a weel locking nut rolling about drive me mad for days i dont know it could be some thing as simpal as that

TENKA DIG-TGUNMETAL
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-21-2012, 05:10 PM

I had something similar, didnt hear it all the time but was there on slightly rough ground.<div sab="1293">It turned out to be the tail gate being slightly loose when closed which can be adjusted by therubber bungs attached to the tail gate. There are 4 in total butI onlyunscrewed the lower 2 by half a turn, they are designed to be adjusted.<div sab="1293">Might not be same thing but only need to give them a twist, taked about 5 seconds. If your unsure what ones let me know and i will send you a picture of them.

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 02:12 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Hi Guys Thanks for the replies, checked the boot and tail gate all seems fine, this is more like a creak, something like a worn out shock would produce and def from the near side back...seems odd that the cars done very low miles and is only 7 months old
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-08-2012, 10:32 AM

HI
I've got the same problem and my Duke is 6 weeks old. I emptied the whole boot out and took it to dealer who were a total waste of space. Thank you West Way 'Southampton'
They had it for 45mins and then told me the reversing module was loose and they had refitted. So I drove out of yard and surprise surprise it still made the noises. So went round roundabout straight back into dealer. Then I took mechanic out and he agreed the noise was not right.
So 45 minutes later they say they cant work out what the noise is so they are going to have the car for a couple of days next week to find the fault.
Funny thing is I then drive out of the yard and the noise hascompletelystopped!!!!!!!!!!! But I agree it sounded like a dry joint or shock.
I will update when its gone back into garage.
PS: Had the windscreen replaced yesterday after a stone starred the glass past repair.....
Not having a good time!
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 11:53 AM
Juke Groupie

Any updates on this noise as mine is doing it now?

Nissan Juke DIG-T in Blade Silver with Leather armrest, bonnet protector, side protectors, bottle rack grills, sill protectors,rear bumper protector, wind deflectors, spare wheel, boot insulation.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 12:42 PM
Juke Groupie

Ive got exactly the same problem, when I'm going slowly off a kerb, or round a corner with a few bumps my rear passenger side is really creaky, this can't be right can it ??

White 1.5 Dci Acenta Premium
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 01:23 PM
Juke Groupie

I don't think it can be right, never had a car do it before, will have to get it into the stealers.

Nissan Juke DIG-T in Blade Silver with Leather armrest, bonnet protector, side protectors, bottle rack grills, sill protectors,rear bumper protector, wind deflectors, spare wheel, boot insulation.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012, 01:28 AM
Juke Groupie

Please do not laugh at me but I had a sort of tapping/creaking/light knocking sound on my passenger side (LHD)always when on my own!!It was the passenger seat belt chrome clip, knocking on the plastic at the side of the door jamb.I now always postion the belt on top of the seat and enjoy utter silence, that is apart from my wonderful Stillen exhaust and Synapse diverter valve (in PUSH mode, A+B portsconnected).

Roja Fuerte, Tekna Premium, CVT-6M, AWD, splashguards, body mouldings, parking sensors, roof spoiler, Stillen exhaust, Synapse diverter valve, woodgrain dash kit. Sill guards, 13/09/2011 12 noon.
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012, 03:02 AM
Super Moderator

<STRIKE></STRIKE>No we are not laughing at you Pilgrim. Somewhere along the line we've all done something like that. I was driving my Juke and heard what sounded like two bits of metal hitting each other coming from the back. Started to think what on earth it could be. I was on the way to the golf course with clubs in the back .
Lj2.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Juke Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page