Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

Faulty Steering Rod / Steering Column Brand New Juke

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  nescribe 
#1 ·
Hi,

I am posting to see if there are other reports similar to this one.

A relative bought a brand new Nissan Juke at the end of March with delivery miles only.

Last week, when parking the car in a car park he felt something was wrong with steering. When he came back to the car it was clear there was a major issue with steering.

Called roadside assist who said the steering rod was bent and had totally snapped off at one side. Clearly there had been an issue for his entire (long) motorway journey because front tyres were worn down on inside.

Nissan dealer say it's not "a defect" - the rod is broken so Nissan Warranty won't cover it. Cost, including 2 new tyres is almost £1,500. Needs new steering road and steering column.

Have checked internet and have found quite a lot of reports going way back with a similar issue.

One guy said his wife was pulling out of a car park at 5mp when it happened to their Juke. He took pictures to show no damage to rest of car so couldn't have been caused in an accident.
Some people say when they reported it to Nissan they were told to claim from their insurance as accident damage - but my relative did not have an accident, had not hit anything and the car is less than 3 months old.

I am trying to find out if this is a widespread problem. Many thanks

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.