I bought a 62 plate automatic juke in the UK with 19000 miles and it's broken! - Nissan Juke Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 01:48 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I bought a 62 plate automatic juke in the UK with 19000 miles and it's broken!

My mechanic tells me the gearbox is broken and I dont know what to do Im pulling my hair out. I bought it private and didn't know this was a common fault. Where should I get it fixed in the UK that is good price and that gives the longest warranty?

I cant afford going to a nissan dealer and I've seen that stephens engineering has a few scary reviews...

Please can someone help me in any way possible, I just want my car to work and not have to pay al of the money I have left or worry about it in 6-12 months
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 06:46 AM
Juke Star!

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Mechanics aren't known for being precise. Does he/she mean broken but fixable or broken beyond mending? How much experience does your mechanic have with auto gearboxes in general and Nissan in particular?

What is your vehicles spec, ie. is it the CVT or the AWD?

You may be able to source a replacement gearbox from, for example, a breaker's yard or similar (have a good search online to get an idea of the cost, but you absolutely must be sure you are getting the correct box for your model and year.

Assuming that Stephens Engineering is your local firm, but there are numerous companies that repair or replace, as required, for example:

http://www.aaagearboxes.co.uk/

However if your car is undriveable, you would have to factor in transportation costs, may a couple of hundred?

If you are looking for a 'fix' that includes a warranty, check this with your chosen repairer first, or you may be stuck with Nissan.

Good luck!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 04:20 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know it's a little naughty but! You could buy an extended warranty from an external company, leave it a few weeks and then claim on it? Naughty but nice ;-)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Juke Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page