Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

Traction control light/ VDC Light on over 30mph

47K views 12 replies 13 participants last post by  Josh 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I am having a very frustrating time at the minute with my acenta sport 2012:(
My traction control light comes on over 30mph and stays on untill I have restarted my engine. I have tried the brake fluid and checked all the wheel sensors and still can find the issue.
My garage have put it on the diagnostics and the rear Brake light switch needed to be changed and that was supposed to fix the issue but £90 later didn't but as it didn't I only paid £15 for the switch rather than the labour as well (even though it took 30 seconds)
The tracking also keeps going I have had it tracked by three different garages now and replaced a wishbone:(

I have been going mad with this issue and can't seem to find the issue please someone HELP

Thanks
Jonny

#3 ·
I am having similar issues. My wife & I both have 2012 Juke diesels and both have the same ESP warning light illuminated on the dash. The light comes on within the first few miles of each journey. My wife's Juke passed its MOT with this light illuminated but my Juke failed the MOT on this light only. I have checked the brake fluid level, topped up, but still the light is on!
Yesterday I took my Juke to the franchise who we both bought the cars from (not Nissan). The car spent an hour on the diagnostic machine and I was quoted £1918.04! with no clear explanation as to what was wrong other than to be told it was the ABS!
I was advised the parts were around £1425. On looking at e-bay genuine Nissan parts re ABS sensors are about £1410 for all 4 sensors (front & rear), so that's got me wondering!
I changed both front & rear brake pads about 6 months ago but didn't change the discs or bleed the brakes, so my thoughts at the moment are to renew the 4 ABS sensors, the brake pads & discs and bleed the brakes (all non genuine Nissan parts).
I would be extremely grateful for any thoughts or solutions if you have had a similar experience.

#5 ·
Have got the same problem on my Juke Turbo diesel..light comes on when i get to about 40mph and stays on till engine is turned off. MOT is due in 3 weeks so will prob wait till then and see if it fails on this.
In the meantime, if anyone else has had this fault and found a solution...please enlighten me !

#6 ·
Hi I have a 2012 Nissan Juke Tekna which Ive had from new. It failed MOT on Friday due to Traction control light showing as on when its not! Garage can't find problem yet...... Now Im feeling jittery having read other threads about cost involved.

Also on a separate note garage also did 60 month service, they said it should have cam belt change at 60mths, Ive done 38,000 miles. I rang Nissan (don't use Nissan garage) and they said cam belt change to be done at 72 months or 90000 miles!
Feeling fed up and also unsure who is right.
Any ideas? Thanks

#8 ·
Did anyone solve the problem? I have the same problem with my 2012 Juke dci and cannot find any solution. Nissan Service told me the turbo needs to be replaced as a whole and it is quite expensive. When they connect the car to the computer it shows a problem under ABS section but the service guys told me they have experienced this problem and it is because the turbo is faulty. (this is because I think they know the problem is related to turbo, but don't know or not sure how to fix the problem otherwise)

I hope someone has the answer.

#9 ·
I took my 2011 Juke to an auto electrician. He ran a diagnostic which came up with an unknown error code. He advised me he had come across this fault once before and it had been because the eyr (I think this is what it is, the hand writing on the receipt is bad) pressure hose was blocked. He stripped the hose and sensor from the rear of the engine and cleaned it out and refitted it. This corrected the fault. All of the work including the diagnostic cost £110 and the problem was fixed!

#10 ·
Same here! It was a blocked pipe at the back of the engine. No need to change the turbo! You can order a new pipe, about £20 or get the garage to clean it out by letting it soak in a solvent. It was a bitch of a job apparently but two hours got it done. No esp light on my juke anymore.

#12 ·
Just taken my wives 2013 Juke Acenta Diesel in for an MOT, we have had the VDC light on for some time now, in fact, I think it was since the last MOT! It's failed due to the light being on and they are struggling to find the cause. Has anyone had any further updates on it being a blocked pressure pipe? It seems strange that they would be related?? Or are there any other updated faults that have been established? Many thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.