Juke Dig-T Timing Chain - Nissan Juke Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-19-2016, 12:39 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Juke Dig-T Timing Chain

My much loved and Nissan main dealer serviced 62 plate Juke needs a new timing chain. Nissan UK have offered to cover the cost of part but still faced with a 700 labour bill. Not impressed, its only done 50,000 miles. Looking like this might be an issue with the Dig-T engine but Nissan not accepting liability. Any ideas on how to escalate my complaint? Any suggestions would be really appreciated. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-20-2016, 06:33 AM
Juke Star!

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-20-2016, 08:50 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Nissan just say that this recall was limited to models in the USA, the U.K Juke has a different engine so is fine!!!!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 04:41 AM
Juke Groupie

timing chain assembly problems

3,000 miles ago needed a new chain tensioner on the Juke AWD. Labour cost 700 but Nissan paid 75% for parts. However engine is now being stripped down again as there is still problems with a stretched timing chain. Once again Nissan only willing to pay 50% of the parts.
Currently in negotiations with CEO and Customer Care of Nissan for a goodwill gesture regarding labour costs. 1,700 approximate bill for repairs to Timing Chain Assembly in 3,000 not on!!

Juke Tekna DIG-T CVT-M6-4WD Force Red. Delivered 11th August
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 07:22 AM
Juke Star!

What's your mileage now, Bakertech?

Mine is a tad over 33K at last service in October. Although he passed the MOT, I also felt I needed new tyres, brake pads and disks, given they were only just legal and winter was coming.

Thus far I have no issues other than a worn-out rear wiper blade, fingers crossed that'll be it for another year.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 04:53 AM
Juke Groupie

Acrorat like you still got the Japanese AWD. 63,000 miles.

Warranty:- Turbo bracket recall, replacement CVT gearbox (6 week wait from Japan) drivers seat stitching frayed.

Normal servicing and replacement Yokohama tyres, expensive but getting 33,000 mileage.

This year new battery 131.00, special to our Japanese built cars. Replaced Timing Chain Tensioner and now after 3,000 having to replace Timing Chain.

Were intending to order the new 2018 Juke AWD and have spoke to the sales team about it.As we love the Juke, but after this latest problem how loyal to a brand can you be? Downto Nissan to show loyalty to customers!

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 07:33 AM
Juke Star!

My mileage has dropped over the last two(ish) years as my daughter passed her test and got both a job and her own car!

As my previous car lasted me 11 years (with more use made of him) I'm hoping to get another 7 years out of Juke Ellington.

Our Juke's driver's seats are a bit different from the UK made ones, and more robust I believe. My driver's seat is fine. Maybe yours has suffered from bloke's wallet syndrome (as had our Celica, most driven by my husband!).
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 04:42 AM
Juke Groupie

Acrorat, I have nothing in that pocket as its Christmas.

Car now fixed with new Timing Chain Assembly, have told the dealership hope not to see them again until end of July for the MOT and service.

Now that the car has been serviced, 4 new tyres, new timing chain assembly, new front disks and pads. Ready for the winter.

Wife and I will most probably go for a front wheel drive manual 1.6 Dig T, when the updated Juke is available; because a son has a Juke front wheel drive and was able to get out of my daughter's 1 in 5 drive in snow. She lives in Rossendale in the middle of nowhere.
The manual/ CVT box is only available in the current Nissmo RS, AWD has normal CVT now. Must admit that we keep the car in variable AWD but have had several occasions over the years to us AWD in muddy fields, snow and black ice; brilliant response and felt save driving.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Juke Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page