Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Angry Engine Stalling /Loss of Power Problems new 1.2 dig-t

Lets get this bit out of the way
I admin another Juke forum
We have been dealing with this issue for a month now
though Nissan has now shut the door to us and refuses to communicate(another story)
They claim very few cars are affected we have 5 owners with the new 1.2 DIG-T engine of those 5, 3 HAVE THE FAULT and for 30 days have been ignored by Nissan. I would like to know if there are any members here who have the same issue and how is it being dealt with by Nissan
Basically the car either stalls or loses power for no reason
potentially dangerous situation that we feel Nissan is taking seriously enough

more info here

The more people and info the more likely it is the matter can be taken up further
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-18-2014, 08:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yes there's a software issue when the 1.2 is in economy mode. Had AA out twice and they even have the serial numbers of jukes affected and have passed that information on to nissan.
Keep the juke in normal or sport mode and it won't happen.
Happy to provide copy's of AA recovery notes (email) as they had to reset computer each time.
Girlfriend wants rid of it cas it done it three time ws ithin a month of it coming from factory.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-01-2015, 06:22 PM

Hi I just bought a 1.2 DIG-T model had a week now and reported back today that when you pull away the power dies and then picks up again. Its doing it every day. Gave my wife a fright as she tried to pull onto a roundabout and a car came round she had to break sharply as the car never accelerated. Its booked in for next week to be checked.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 05:51 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have experienced the same fault on a recent journey. I will phone the garage to-day. It was dangerous and frightening.
S Watts.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 05:07 PM
TJH

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella View Post
I have experienced the same fault on a recent journey. I will phone the garage to-day. It was dangerous and frightening.
S Watts.
I am having the same issue with my 1.2 DIG-T. It is very frightening when you pull out of a junction and the car loses all power and you are stuck in the middle of a junction! The car is a year old today and just been back to Nissan dealer again today to look at the fault and they say they can't find anything wrong with it! I have told them I don't feel safe driving the car, they tell me to bring it back again!! I am told that my car does not require the software update that others have had. Decided to play my in car camera footage of the time it was at the dealer, sat in workshop for 3 hours with bonnet up, nothing being done. Then technician takes it for a short drive and as he pulls up in workshop you can hear another say "well", the technician driving my car says "it's rat s**t"!!! The car also returns very poor mpg, between 29 and 34 mpg, significantly less than Nissan claims, but again am told that there is no fault! I would like to know how it is possible to achieve Nissans figures!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 06:05 PM
TJH

Exclamation Tjh

Car has been back to dealer again this week (5th time), they have told me they cannot help me anymore and told me take it to another dealer!!!! Pulled out of dealership, car died on me, nearly had an accident with VW Golf! Contacted Nissan UK, absolutely useless, told me to take it back to dealer again!!! Going round in circles and in the meantime driving a dangerous car. told them I wanted them to take back as I don't want it anymore, they refuse. Car also has other issues, stereo systems vibrates and distorts so badly even on very low volume so I end up turning it off as it is too annoying to listen to, loses bluetooth and letters on display come and go. Nissan say there is nothing wrong with it. Have now written to Trading Standards and Watchdog. Would never have another Nissan even if it was free!
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-12-2016, 04:14 AM

I have a Dig-S 1.2 Note, I wondered if I made the right decision getting a 3 cylinder car. I found in economy mode especially with the air conditioning on that it is very hesitant at low RPM. You have to rev the engine.

I turned off economy mode as its not saving me any money.. The economy is only any good on a long run, but round town is exactly the same as the 4 cylinder version that I had before, about 42-43 MPG in town.

With ECO mode on it is gutless! Also with the air-con on it is gutless.

Pulling away you need plenty of revs, and you have to work the engine hard to get any performance!

Basically I made a mistake buying this under-powered gutless car, and should go for one extra cylinder, and a bit more oomph, or the diesel version if I did the miles.

Maybe should have had a Dacia Duster or something with a bit more oomph! I have had it falter at junctions unless I give it more revs or start slipping the clutch!

Dad has a 3 cyl Kia Picanto... same thing... gutless!

Get 4 cylinders if you want a "normal drive", The supercharger does not come in until the airflow is high enough with more RPM to make much difference.

Thrash it everywhere and it does begin to seem better, but that defeats the object of getting more economy.

So all in all, very disappointed with this 3 cylinder under-powered car... never again! Get a 4 cylinder 1.4 or 1.6 naturally aspirated engine, and you cant go wrong!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2016, 06:50 PM

I have same problem told to drive in sports Michael Flynn is looking into this for me director at Nissan hq
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2016, 06:58 PM

No power cuts out when pulling away

Having same problem with 1.2 turbo juke please send these treads to Michael Flynn at Nissan hq as he looking into my problem but I know there going to blame my driving thaks
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 05:14 PM

I have a major issue with my Nissan Juke 1.2 Acenta Premium (65 plate). Its a long story :

February 2016 : engine warning light started flashing (I no idea what it was at the time). I called the dealership immediately and they told me to take it in straight away which I did. They said it was a software issue and had fixed it.

April 2016 : engine warning light started flashing! Then the gear change reminder came on, then the start stop engine light, then the airbag light, then the power steering - then EVERY light came on and the car just cut out! And I don't just mean ground to a halt, I mean CUT OUT - I had absolutely no control over the car. I had seconds to try and stop somewhere safe - pretty impossible on a busy dual carriageway. I was terrified as the road was the main road down to the motorway and cars and lorries were just missing me by inches. I had my friends come out and push me somewhere safe and called the RAC who came out and lo and behold the car started. Nissan themselves took the car this time (and kept it for nearly 3 months) and was returned ... fixed.

Or so I thought.

Fast forward to February 2017 and exactly the same thing happened - this time in DARK rush hour in an even worse and dangerous place on the road. 2 hours I waited for the RAC to come and help me - I lost count of how many lorries nearly hit me and the 3 mile tail back I caused was a barrel of laughs for the other commuters trying to get home. Car went the day after back to the dealership and 14 days later after much wrangling with Nissan and telling them there is no way that death trap is coming back to me, they called and said the car is fixed you have to go to the dealer and pick it up! I am expected to see out the rest of my contract (2 years left) in a car that scares me, that I daren't drive on the motorway in and that I am not allowed to take my nieces and nephew in!!

3 days later - the hire car they said I am no longer entitled to is still on the drive (no idea when they are coming for it as Nissan have now stopped talking to me). My car is still at the dealership (no word from them). I have offered to take a like for like vehicle and see out my contract with them but they have so far said this is not a possibility.

I am thoroughly cheesed off with Nissan - whose only thought is the bottom line. Never mind that a customer is not only not enjoying their experience with their car but is actually anxious about getting behind the wheel again.

I have been on several Juke forums and this issue is NOT isolated - I've seen countless similar stories from all over the country and Nissan do not seem interested. As one forum member has said "they only care about the money involved, not in driver safety"

Sorry! Rant over although I would love to hear from anyone else who has experienced this issue as I am determined that this is not going to end with me crushed beneath a 10 tonne lorry when the same thing happens again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Juke Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page